Sunday 22 May 2016

Kali Linux 2.0 on VMWare

Hi all,
I had a lot of problems with performance my Kali Linux 2.0 on VMWare Workstation. I have downloaded a iso image from official Kali Linux website. After installation on VMWare workstation I had problems - the Kali Linux was working very slow (for example during launch web browser). I experimented with processor options, etc. I changed desktop environment from GNOME to XFCE. Everything I was trying - without success.
In my case one manner has got my goal - Kali Linux 2.0 which works and isn't lagging.
I have download Kali Linux 2.0 Light version (this version doesn't contain all tools) and I have installed everything that has Kali Linux 2.0 Full via following command:
sudo apt-get upgrade -y && sudo apt-get install kali-linux-full -y
Summary
Now I am very glad that I have efficient Kali Linux 2.0 full with XFCE desktop environment :-)